Monday 13 February 2017

Unique Love

My Dear Readers - here we come with another beautiful mixed media inspiration from my amazing Creative Team!
Today it's Kassa whose vibrant personality and enthusiastic creativity always shine through all her art pieces... Enjoy! :)

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *

Hi there lovelies
Love is in the air, do you feel it? :) Yes 'tis Valentines day tomorrow and with that in mind, I was inspired to create a piece oozing with love, texture and colour...
I may just trim the page down, mount it onto a card to give to my beloved... tah dah! Valentine's day sorted for me - a unique card full of love. :)
I started with one of Finnabair's lush Mixed Media style Sunrise Sunset 12 x 12" patterned papers, these are a cool starting point to journal on especially if a white page looks a little scary to you.
You might want to prep it as I do in the video with transparent Soft Matte Gel. When you use a single sheet, make sure you glue it to some sturdier base so that the paper doesn't warp under the weight of all the media and embellishments.

The paints I chose were Art Alchemy Metalliques as the cool metallic, shiny finish would contrast with the background paper and feeling a need for a bright pop effect, I chose colours that would blend and contrast with the background. Below you will find all the links to the colours I used.

Finnabair's stamps with their distinctive look are sooo cool for stamping in with the Metallique Paint (always clean stamps immediately if stamping with paint!). Simply stamp in and around the paint drips and black Archival ink (waterproof ink) brings the page to life.
Creating extra grunge on the Mechanicals with Clear Crackle Texture Paste and Art Stones is something I love doing, it gives me immense joy and how simple to do with a little gesso and a paintbrush.
Plus it created the most perfect base coat for the new awesome Art Alchemy Waxes.

I think that Black Gesso and the Waxes are meant for each other, the effects of the waxes on this dark base are spectacular.
The Tin Hearts look uber with the Antique Brilliance Fire Ruby Wax melted on them!
Then it was time to add more lush layers of colour and texture with a mix of more stamping, spritzing, splatting, glitter, (yes... glitter on a male themed piece! :) ) plus foiled rub-ons, doodles with pencils, oil pastels, journal pens, a little light texture  added with cotton thread and those Micro Beads in Splash.
Splash Beads are my lifesaver - they help in softening the dark crevasses and used in the right places create perfect balance.

Ohhh and I nearly forgot - you can create the custom coloured texture paste to use with stencils!
This technique is really easy, fun and the results are something you are all going to love - all you need to do is mix Texture Powder with a little of the Metallique paint in the colour you desire - ready!

So now take a peep at how I did it on the video, grab a cuppa, put your feet up and I'll see you over there. ;)



I hope you enjoyed my very first attempt at videoing for the Team! :) I know there's plenty of room to grow...
But I just wanted to share with you all how I create in a more personal way, you can get a whole new feel for the creative process through videos.
I feel my favourite part of this piece is the shiny red wax on the tin hearts - what's been you favourite part of your creative week I wonder?
Let me know if you have any questions and I hope you'll feel inspired to create some cute mixed media Valentine yourselves!
Mwah
xoxo





Products used:

2 comments:

Corrie Herriman said...

Fantastic piece ! Love Karen's work !
Corrie x

Siobhan Brignull said...

that was great Kassa, Ive now got a shopping list as long as my arm, just a few must haves LOL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...