Wednesday 1 February 2017

Soulful Journey (in Patina and Rust) - Collage

Hi guys, I hope you had a great week!
Mine - as you probably know - was busy, but filled with great moments: travelling to Frankfurt to do demos during Creativeworld is always a pleasure! I had a chance not only talk to lovely people and share my enthusiasm for my new release but to see friends I can only meet when I'm travelling - attending the show is a great chance to refresh the connections with people I miss dearly!
Huge thanks to Notions Marketing who were - as always - great hosts to my demos and all of you who stop by to say hi or to watch me creating. You made me feel special!

Today I'm sharing a project which some of you were able to see displayed during both shows - in Phoenix and in Frankfurt, a bit crazy, but oh! so exciting mix of my 2 Effect Pastes Sets - Rust Set and Patina Set from Art Extravagance line. They are both formulated to give really old, crusty look - they are water-based mediums, but they imitate the natural effect really well! I have to say I'm proud od the combination we've achieved in the lab and I can't wait to share more ideas of using them.
This college is 20x60 cm in size, one of my favourites canvases to work on. All the elements were glued on using my Art Basics Heavy Body Gel and Rust Effect Set and Patina Effect Set are responsible for the texture and colour here.

It is really easy and pleasurable to work with these pastes - they blend easily with each other, giving beautiful, sandy texture similar to real rust and patina, and they are so rich in colour too! I couldn't resist and I just had to rub them into the canvas with my fingers!

The final look of metal on the embellishments was done with Art Alchemy Metallique Waxes - isn't that just cool? The best part is - these are so easy to apply - both with fingers and brushes. I love the look and I have to admit even Andrew was pretty impressed with the final look ;) Woo hoo!
I hope you like this look!
Please let me know if you have any questions too - I promised to work on Patina Effect Video for you, so you can expect it soon, once I will re-organise my life after my crazy travels, but maybe there is something you'd like to know right NOW;)
See you again soon - and have a great, creative week :)
huge hugs

11 comments:

Maryellen said...

That is so beautiful! I'm new to this medium and have yet to try to replicate someone else's work, but I think I must try this. I had ordered the rust paste set from Amazon a month ago and it still hasn't been shipped. I will jump right on purchasing the patina set!

Giuliana Ballatore said...

Wow! Amazing...I'm speechless!!!!!

zcdl said...

wow great!!!!

Astrid Maclean said...

Fabulous effects!! Do you know when the Patina set will be available in Europe? I can't find it anywhere not even in your Mixed Media Place :0).....

finnabair said...

Astrid, we are expecting to have it in mid-February!

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Love everything about it. xx

Joanne said...

I adore this canvas and hope to have some of the products in my sticky fingers real soon. My step son enjoys finding 'treasure' so I want to be able to use your rust techniques to create something for him. Looking forward to your video. 😘

Miranda Edney said...

This Patina paste is beyond gorgeous and you my dear, are a PHENOMENAL ARTIST with so much to share with the world! i simply adore you! hugs!

Kaz Hall said...

Gorgeous patina and a stunning piece of beautiful art xx

Mim... said...

WOW love it!

Whimsytouches said...

This is nice. Great to see you have patina paint, really like the look of rust and patina.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...