Wednesday 31 August 2016

Wild at Heart

Hi again, my friends!
The Summer is almost over, but we were lucky enough o catch a couple of beautiful days here - exploring breathtaking Irish West Coast and trying to get some quiet time for ourselves. If only you knew how much I needed the break and giving myself the chance just to breathe, think and listen to myself for a few moments. We didn't have any downtime for a long time - especially after last year's house hunting and this year renovating and decorating mode + my usual travels, projects and ideas!
I managed to visit my studio once or twice - and here is one of the results, which I hope will give you a proper dose of inspiration... with the deepest pleasure I was able to finally cut the "Fortune-teller" collection from 7 Dots Studio - and I'm sure I want more now!


I don't have to mention the great quality of 7DS papers - they are great for any mixed-media techniques - but I have to admit I loved the colour palette of this collection. Muted, dirty shades of greens, grays, browns and turquoise were just perfect for me...


I decided to go back to the idea of tearing and ripping - and of course I couldn't stop myself and I just had to fill these spaces with my beloved lace, pearls and Art Ingredients Art Stones. With Art Basics Soft Gel gluing them all down was so easy! For the larger elements and heavy embellishments I've used Art Basics Heavy Body Gel. Works miracles, as always.


I've played with stamping, and adding some colour with sprays and splatters - a bit of Art Basics Heavy White Gesso helped with removing the gold and brown shades of pearls and some of the embellishments. After adding tones of  blue and green I decided to add finishing touches with Art Extravagance Rust Paste - I picked only the red colour from the set and added some water to make it more similar to a paint than paste. I LOVE the effects you can get this way!


I have to say I feel really comfortable with the set of the techniques I used here - and I really feel these elements and colours go with my current mood - so you may expect more of the projects including these. There is certainly more in them than meets the eye! I hope you won't get bored before I will ;)

Here is the list of the supplies I used for this page - all listed from Mixed Media Place Store.



Btw - do you know 7 Dots Studio has just announced the new designs for the October release? I can't wait to put my hands on them and play - especially after the great time I had with "Fortune-teller". Just look at these beauties!


sending warm hugs


3 comments:

Julie Wilson said...

A beautiful piece of work. Love the colours and the design. Since taking your workshop earlier this year I have been experimenting more and more with my art. Thank you for your wonderful inspiration xxx

Marie/Mison said...

Absolutely fab work Anna! I love every little detail. I´m glad you find your way into your studio from time to time so you can inspire us our there ;)

Mona Pendleton said...

Amazing as always! Love all the doo dads!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...