Friday 5 February 2016

Out Of The Woods

Hello, dear Friends!
I'm so thrilled to be seeing my Creative Team inspired by my newly released products!
Today we meet with Denisa who (just like Marta last Monday) created an art journal spread having art fun with my new Art Alchemy acrylic paints. Just take a look at this beauty...


Hello dear crafters, it´s Denisa here today.
Do you love colours as much as I do? I´m sure you do. Never knowing what  colour to choose for your project? If that´s your case, here´s my suggestion.

First, I have to say I´m absolutely blown away by Finnabair´s brand new Art Alchemy acrylic paints (available soon).
They come in two types: opal magic and metallique ones. Besides the super shine and shades you achieve, there´s one more thing I totally love about them. They´re semi opaque when applied in a thin layer. That means you can use one on another to get a super layered multi colour glaze. Kind of a mysterious look. Just the right thing for my vintage journaling.

Here´s what I did to get the desired background:
First I applied an even coat of White Gesso using the awesome silicone brush. Love the smooth look you get. No doubt this tool´s gonna be my superstar! If you'd like to know more about Finnabair's new brushes - watch this video!
When dry, I did some random stamping with black Archival ink.
Then I started playing with the new acrylics. I applied various shades using my palette knife. First I add Metallique Light Patina. When dry I went on with Copper Texture Paste. The next layer was Metallique Steampunk Copper. I let it dry. Then Opal Magic Blue Pink and just a bit of Metallique Dark Velvet. When dry I added Opal Magic Violet Gold and as the last one Metallique Light Patina again.


When I was applying the coats, I was also wiping out a bit of acrylics with a wet baby wipe. Just here and there. Then I did some random stamping again.


I built the cluster consisting of a vintage pic, old clock parts and new Mechanicals (a video to give you the idea :) ) Tin Hearts and Rustic Washers.
I did some more shading with Black Cherry and Snow Cone Gelato crayon. This way I minimized the shine a bit and achieved a kind of powdery look.


I glued on the printed sentiment: She was out of the woods. She knew the answer. 
For me the worst thing ever is to live in uncertainty. Knowing the way things are makes me feel safe.

You may notice that my art journal is so packed with my creative ideas that it´s very difficult to open  it wide. So my working space was pretty limited. But I managed. However, I can´t imagine my next art journaling in it. ;)



Hoping to get your creative juices going! Happy creating!
Hugs,
Denisa



Materials used:

11 comments:

Marina Syskova said...

Wow! Looks just amazing!!!

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Denisa, you are amazing, love the way you work with colors, its magical! Thanks for inspiration girl!!

Anonymous said...

Pure Magic :D

Suzanne Bouchard said...

What a wonderful patina you created with Finnabairs paints. Il just adore your background and I am looking forward to have these magic paints in my art supply cupboard! Thanks for the tutorial!

Kathy Bradley said...

Your pages are so very beautiful - and the background colors you have achieved are awesome.

The Colour Press said...

Thanks for sharing how you achieved that beautiful background. A v interesting page.

Kathy G. said...

Beautiful pages! The background looks wonderful. I'm expecting delivery of my paints any day now and cannot wait to try them!

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful pages!

Unknown said...

Wonderful Painting........

Latest Jobs

Ann said...

It;s stunning! :)

Kathy said...

Absolutely beautiful! Where and when will these new products be available in the U.S.?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...