Saturday 5 September 2015

'The journey...' Mini canvas by Marta Lapkowska

Hello everyone,

As you all know recently I had a Creative Team Call... so this will be our last month sharing projects from all of my talented ladies from the team... after that I hope to introduce the final Team.
First stop is Marta.
Is there a better way to start your weekend than with some mixed media inspiration!?
We all know and love Marta's passion for colour and texture. This time is no different.
Despite small size of her make she was able to fit much love into her piece!
Check this out.



Hi my friends!
I am delighted to be back to share with you my last make for Finnabair team.
I am so honoured for a chance given to be part of this journey... I could not be more grateful for being among so many talented ladies from the team. This was my most creative time of all.
Also I wish to THANK YOU so much for your support, for all your kind words which were lifting me up every time I shared my art. I enjoyed making my video tutorials for YOU and showing you my love for mixed media.
Today's piece is very special to me. I love creating mini canvases. Small surface could be challenging but very rewarding. I have also prepared some picture tutorial for you.


I started my make by covering canvas with 3D matte gel. I added some resist canvases.


My next step was to add all different embellishments - metal and wooden pieces mainly.


Lastly! Time for colour. Firstly I used mix of white and black gesso.
My final colours were added with Mica powders. (Mica powders + soft gel medium = custom made colour paint)


I hope you have enjoyed this short tutorial. And here are few more pictures with some close ups.




Sending you many creative hugs, Marta xx

Products used:

22 comments:

Unknown said...

I have enjoyed this journey with you Martha, always so inspiring, thank you!!!

Anonymous said...

She's one of my favorites!

Unknown said...

You are so talented! Thanks for sharing!

BEARKIS said...

Артистично и красиво!!!

Unknown said...

So inspiring, thank you!

The Colour Press said...

I've enjoyed and learnt so much from your work and videos Marta. This piece is stunning.

Unknown said...

I have also enjoyed and learned so much from you my friend ❤️❤️❤️

Heather Miller said...

Wildly stunning, once again you inspire me, love all your projects!! :)

Elen ArtCrafts said...

Amazing my dear! Love your ART!!!

unni's scrappeboble said...

Wooooow, wonderful wonderful :) You're amazing clever :)

mamablitger said...

Marta I adore your mini canvas. Love the design, love the colors. And your tutorial is just easy to follow. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely art.
PS I guess the wonderfull chipboard bulb is a Dusty Attick piece ???
You are so talented. I have enjoyed all you shared. Such a lot of inspiration.
Hugs from Monica.... Spain

Jackie PN said...

Marta, another stunning and inspiring piece from you! Thank you so much for sharing your creativity and wonderful art with us! xx

Kathy G. said...

Amazing Marta! Thank you for sharing all of your beautiful creations.

Kathy Bradley said...

Marta's piece is beautiful - as all of her art. She has been so much of an inspiration to me and she is always very encouraging. All of the current Design Team has been amazing as well.

Sanderijn de Bruin said...

Beautiful project, and so helpful to see the steps.

Astrid Maclean said...

Marta I always adore your pieces and this one is no exception!! If you are ot coming back to the team, - I know you will be missed!!!!!

Unknown said...

Thank you for the lovely tutorial Marta! Once again a wonderful project!😊😘

Szafran said...

to jest tak piękne, że nie mogę przestać patrzeć na Twoje cudo! naprawdę... :)

Unknown said...

You are so talented! Thanks for sharing!

Lee-Anne said...

I love all the elements you've used, Marta! Thanks so much for sharing your amazing creativity with us!

Marci said...

A beautiful piece.

Di Garling said...

One word says it all, STUNNING. love it Martha.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...