Hi, everyone! Hope you're having a great Monday!
Our wonderful Olga - a true visual poet - is presenting her gorgeous, nature-inspired new creation.
Nature is an inspiring and amazing source of its little miracles, which we can constantly admire.
The dried poppy heads became the most precious element in the embellishment of the journal’s cover art.
1. I started work on the cover art of my journal with applying a thick coat of White Crackle Texture Paste and glueing the poppy-heads together with the leaf-shaped Mechanical. Both media were applied with my finger.
2. When everything dried, I added Black Gesso without much concern for neatness.
Next, I started to decorate the cover applying Mica Powders mixed with 3D Matte Gel. All the tiny corners I had not reached, were sprayed with graphite mist.
3. More Mica Powders and Micro Beads were added. It was high time to embellish the round portrait glued into one of the Mechanicals pendants. The final effect was achieved thanks to Glass Beads, Micro Beads and 3D Gloss Gel. I left the whole thing to dry overnight.
4. I glued the letters from the Mechanicals Typewriter Words and the cut out sentence from a book in the left lower corner of my cover. I couldn’t resist the urge to add a bit of Micro Beads and Antique Silver Art Sugar here and there.
5. The last step was to glue the round portrait to the poppy-heads composition. I was finally able to fit the dried up cover to my art journal. The cover looked really in its place!
So all that is left for you to do is simply to go outside, carefully look around at all the beautiful forms, shapes and colors offered to us by the nature and