Friday 29 May 2015

Collect moments

Hello everyone,
Heading towards the weekend we are coming back to you with another special piece of art. 
Saying I like Monika's make would not be enough. I simpy love her journal spread... rich in colour, texture and fabulous touch of vintage. Enjoy !

Probably, you know, that I love pink… do you know why? In color psychology, pink is a sign of hope. It is a positive color inspiring warm and comforting feelings, a sense that everything will be okay. So today I would like to show you my newest pink project. It's for someone special, that leaves a beautiful mark on my mind. 


I created a journal page starting with simple craft envelope.


1. First – as always – I reached for Heavy White Gesso. 2 and 3. After that, I added a new stamps from the Net and Wire set. I used black and red Archival Ink. 4. My next layer was Opaque Matte Modeling Paste and Weaving stencil. 
  

Then, I added some paper tapes from Tim Holtz, my favorite die cut Prima doilies and some more papers. I glued everything using Soft Matte Gel and when it dried, I covered the whole project with a layer of White Gesso to get it ready for all the paints and sprays. 


Then, it was time for Glimmer Mists - delicious combination of  Pink Taffy, Viva Pink, Cosmos and white ecoline. I'm always very spontaneous with the mists never trying to be super precise. And I simply let my imagination run free! When everything dried, I reached for all the metal embellishments that I love so much. 


For my final touches, without being too precise, I stamped the senitments from Messy stamp and Tea on the deck, background from cheese stamp. I also used a butterfly stamp from Don't forget to fly set. 



I hope I inspired you to create your own art journal page.
Hugs!
Monika 

Products from Mixed Media Place:


12 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice project! I love the textures!

2amscrapper said...

love this!

corinne de france MARCH said...

j'aime tout ! les images sont magnifiques

Evil Edna said...

just beautiful.EE

Caty said...

So gorgeous artwork !!! love the composition, the textures, layers, photo... allll is fantastic!! Big hugs.

barbara macaskill said...

This blows my mind! Absolutely magnificent!!! LOVE the wings and the color is fabuliscious!! TFS!

Gail said...

Gorgeous, just absolutely gorgeous xx GailT xx

Sue said...

A beautiful project full of interest and texture.

Unknown said...

WONDERFUL. I have never seen one like this - unique and lovely. j

talkis23 said...

wow I love it thanks for Sharing!!!!

Astrid Maclean said...

Stunning!!!!

Itzi Dreams said...

Es la Bomba!! Me encanta la foto con las alas!! El fondo es precioso!! Enhorabuena

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...