Monday 27 April 2015

Mr Time

Hello, dear Friends!
Today we meet with Monika and her amazing new gentleman friend. ;)
A true feast of color and texture!


I felt inspired to reach for another canvas in my latest creation.
All this because of an old photo of a certain gentleman in a bowler hat and a vintage clock face that I found among my treasures.
Somehow these two objects made me think about Pink Floyd's 'Time' song so I put the music on and let my imagination run wild... :)


I applied a thick layer of White Crackle Paste straight onto my canvas, I dried it and added another layer.

I wanted to try something new so the moment the crackles started to show up, I took some of them off with a palette knife. Then, I applied Modeling Paste, dried it and added a thin layer of Heavy White Gesso.
This way I created some really rich textures that were going to play the main role in my project this time.


Although this time I decided to focus on the texture, I couldn't resist adding some lovely embelishments:
bits from a vintage book, a metal plate, some Mechanicals cut into pieces, found elements from my stash... I also added some paper tape and delicately painted my composition with White Gesso.


Now it was time to have fun with colors!
Delicious Silks paints in Teal Zircon and Apricot Nectar, Glimmer Mists in Jack O'Lantern and Lemongrass, a few drops of white and black acrylic paint and... some strong coffee.



I used Messy stamp and one of the stamps from Old Town set in some places and finally added my new friend in a bowler hat. I hope you give him a warm welcome. ;)


Sending you lots of hugs,
Monika

Materials used:

4 comments:

Gail said...

Stunning - love it xx GailT xx

crafty creations said...

This is amazing all that gorgeous texture and wonderful colour

Unknown said...

Hmmm somehow I missed this post Monika. Wow - WHAT A MAN!!!!!!!!!!! He totally makes me smile. Just LOVE LOVE LOVE him. What a great creative idea. And so symbolic. GREAT WORK. j.

Liz said...

gorgeous totally wonderful :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...