Friday 6 February 2015

Sweet Winter Memories

Hello, Friends!
There are some changes in the air - we are going to say goodbye to two of my Creative Team members and welcome two new artists...
Today we are parting with wonderful Elena. It was a great privilege to be sharing her huge talent on my blog - she created many special projects here for us and I will always be grateful that she agreed to take part in our common art journey!

I hope that all of you (just like me!) will keep cheering Elena and following her stunning creations on her blog, follow her on pinterest and check all her latest news on her facebook.



Hello, dear friends!
Today is my last project for team Finnabair. I'd like to thank Ania for the unique opportunity to work in this team and create with the best supplies, for all the warmth, support and friendship. For me it is a huge honor to be in Finnabair's first Creative Team!

The project I'd like to show you today is a very special book that takes me back to February 1984.


The little girl in these photos is me when I was 1,5 year old. :)
My family used to live in my homeland Solar Fergana at the time and at that time a lot of snow fell which hardly ever happened in that region!
So let me take you on my sentimental journey...


And this is how I created my special album.
First, I prepared the cover - I took two pieces of cardboard and added a spine.


To create a base for my rich texture, I simply glued some crumpled paper. I wanted to change the color so I covered my covers with Heavy Black Gesso and then added a little of White Gesso.


To add a little bit of depth and color, I sprayed my covers with Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays and added some Golden Monarch Silk paint for some shine and glimmer.


I didn't want everything to look too bright so I used a little bit of White Gesso again to "muffle" the tones a little bit.


I decorated the cover with a chipboard frame that I also painted with Black and White Gesso and Golden Monarch Silk to make it go with the rest of the book.


I added a butterfly that I placed in one of Mechanicals Pendants that I filled with Copper Crackle Texture Paste.
I covered everything with a layer of Soft Gloss Gel, let it dry completely and it was ready.


As for my inside pages, I used Sunrise Sunset papers as substrates for my photos, arranged in no particular order.
I applied some White Gesso here and there, a little bit of lace, torn resist canvas and thread to make the pages look more interesting and layered.


Then, some stamping as final touches and spraying to create a beautiful color palette.


My book filled with sweet memories...


I wanted to thank you all, dear Readers, for all your wonderful comments, your warmth and support!
I hope you liked my projects and that we will keep meeting online.

Always yours
Lena

Materials used:

16 comments:

Linda M. Cain said...

As always so beautiful, Elena.

Ann said...

Beautiful books with wonderful details.

corinne de france MARCH said...

toujours de très belles créations !

Unknown said...

Stunning and beautiful.

Jenny Marples said...

So sad to see you leave the team but I'll keep watching your incredible videos Elena. Jenny xxx

Primadonnacrafts said...

So love your projects Elena. They have so much of depth and originality.

Kathy Bradley said...

What a gorgeous album - and the pictures are most adorable! Thank you for sharing the procedure. As I so enjoy your work, I have been following your blog. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely book, Elena! We'll miss you here but I'll be following on Pinterest and Facebook. Thank you for all of the wonderful inspiration!

2amscrapper said...

such beautiful work. I love looking at the layering and texture in your book.

Елена Смоктунова said...

Thank you very much friends!

Katia said...

so beautiful, thanks for sharing your creative processs!!

Teddee Grace said...

I really enjoyed this. Your directions were easy to follow and I love your color choices.

Unknown said...

Just beautiful! Such amazing work. I just love it.

diane said...

So beautiful ... oh, to be so talented :-D

diane @ thoughts & shots

Нюрка из гнезда said...

Perfect!

Irene said...

Such a beautiful little book

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...