Friday, 27 February 2015

Lucky Layout

Hello, Friends!
Another sad goodbye on the blog today. We are parting with our wonderful talented Carole... But we promise each other it's not a farewell but a "see you soon"!
Make sure that you follow her amazing artful creations on her blog! and follow Carole on facebook to be up to date with all the beauty...
I am so grateful that Carole agreed to represent our Team - just take a look at all the breathtaking projects she created for my blog...


This is my last layout for Finnabair Creative team...but not the last one with those amazing products!

I don't have enough words for you, Anna, and for my Creative Team to describe how I feel about our  time together...
First of all, I'd like to thank Anna for this amazing opportunity to be part of your Team and to create with all these products - it was a true dream come true.
I will surely keep in touch with the talented artists from the Team always admiring their talent and their artworks.

And now it's time for my layout and the whole creative process.

First of all, I would like to say that my daughter inspired me so much! This fall she wanted a make up in "Monster High" style or "Dia de los muertos" you know? ...of course I did it! ...and now I decided to scrap it.
I've called this layout "Lucky" because I'm Lucky to have a muse and I'm Lucky to have met those amazing creative ladies from our Creative Team!


I started by creating the flower embellishments.
I took Elementals "Newspaper" Resist Canvas and sprayed it with three colors of Dylusions Inks: Fresh Lime, Vibrant Turquoise and Crushed Grape.
I let them dry but you can use your heating tool of course.


Then, I cut the canvas into strips and sewed like an accordion to join both ends and form a rosette.
To vary the size of the flowers, simply cut the strips of different width.


Here's a close-up so that you can see what a finished flower looks like:


I decided to work on a watercolor paper - it's really resistant when you work with lots of inks and when you plan to glue a lot of embelishment.

I layered strips of papers from Sunrise Sunset collection on two parts of the layout. I cut them into small pieces and then stapled together.
Then, I added a thin coat of White Gesso.


I've used "Brusho" but you can used any ink spray to color your layout. My color combo was: turquoise, fresh lime and purple.
I sprayed some water and got really beautiful stains - another great advantage of working on watercolor paper.
 Then, I took Gelatos in matching colors to highlight the shapes of my papers.



I wanted to add some texture to my piece so I used a Vintage Vanity Checkered stamp and embossed it with white powder.


I also applied Dylusions inks on a piece of paper, then stamped it with butterflies and dragonflies...


... then I cut them out and added to my layout as embelishments:


I covered all the metal embelishments with Gesso and then sprayed with Dylusions inks.



That's all! :)
If you have any questions at all, I am more than happy to help.
Wishing you a very happy and creative day!
Goodbye and see you soon!
Carole

Materials used:


6 comments:

MARCH said...

toujours aussi beau

Elena said...

Carole, you created a wonderful layout. I love the colors. It is sad to hear that you are parting with DT.

nanou navarro said...

magnifique et merci pour le tuto!

Kathy Bradley said...

Absolutely gorgeous - and the colors are so bright and happy. I love the flowers you created - wonderful. And, your daughter is gorgeous (even with the awesome Dios de Muertos face you created). Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful art!!

Annette said...

beautiful colors and love it all. ox

LucianaW said...

Beautiful project!!!