Friday 13 February 2015

Adore!

Hello, Lovely Readers!
Have you noticed it's Friday 13th today? :)
Let's chase the bad luck away with the most adorable canvas created by our Linda.
We hope her great tutorial will encourage you make some art with us!


Hi everyone, it’s my turn to share a project again on the Finnabair Blog, and this one just makes me smile.


I start with a 5x5 inch stretched canvas that I cover with White Crackle Paste in a thick pattern. The cracks that develop are pure magic!
When dry, I added Modeling Paste using the Checkered Stencil.


I sprayed some Walnut Ink onto the canvas and let it seep into the cracks, then removed it in areas with a baby wipe. I painted touches of interference glazes to area.
Using a sponge square, I added some Sepia Archival Ink to the edges and stenciled areas.


Feeling brave, I sprayed several Dylusions sprays onto the canvas and sealed with a spray. There’s a thin line between brave and foolhardy, and I believe I crossed it. So, I set out to “fix” this little setback. I added 2 layers of Heavy White Gesso, and liked the results! Then a bit more Sepia Archival ink with a sponge.


The next layer is black Archival Ink added with a sponge square. Then more Gold Interference Glaze. You can really see the shine and contrast of black ink here as well as the colors coming through.


I added more Sepia and Black Archival Inks to the top and the edges to blend in.
Then out come the STAMPS! Fill in areas here and there with some black accent stamping using Sunrise Sunset #4 set.


Next I started to lay out the elements of the collage. I added Green-Yellow Inka Gold and Copper paste to the Pendant and Key. The Adore word had been painted and stamped, but needed to have more color to stand out, so I painted it Blue and added some Gold paste to the edges.


This detail shot shows the incredible cracks created with the Texture Paste.


I used Vintaj Patina paint on the Mechanical Leaves and cut a vintage picture for the center of the Pendant.  You can see the shading added here with pens and sparkle on the flowers with Art Sugar.


The painted bird sits atop a Medium Flower that has Copper Micro Beads added with Soft Gloss Gel
(Micro Beads are among Finnabair's brand new products and should be available in Mixed Media Place Store next week!)
The peach flower is also on a Medium Mechanical Flower.


And since I was lucky enough to receive my new box of goodies before this was finished, YAY, I added the wonderful Blush and Black Micro Beads, plus a sprinkling of Violet Glass Glitter. I think it's my new favorite glass glitter color.
The last thing I needed was 3 large, clear Rhinestones to balance out the top.


Glue it all together with some 3D Gloss Gel and you’re finished!
Hope you enjoyed the tutorial today and feel inspired to play.

Linda

Materials used:


15 comments:

Win Dinn, Artist said...

Gorgeous painting - love your recovery of the Dylusions!

Unknown said...

Just beautiful in every way - love this. You did a fantastic creation Linda. I just used the crackle paste for the first time yesterday - it's so smooth and easy to control - goes a long way. Now you have inspired me to do a canvas with it. Fun!! Lucky day today - got to see your lovely project. Thank you and Happy Valentine's Day. j.

Corrie Herriman said...

Fabulous creation !
Corrie x

Linda M. Cain said...

YAY! Have fun, you'll LOVE the Crackle!

Julie Lee said...

What a wonderful creation, Linda. Those cracks look amazing! It's great to be drawn into your process so fully and to see how you refined and adapted and tweeked your creation. It turned out to be an exquisite work of art. xx

Helen said...

Fabulous, Linda!!!

crafty creations said...

Amazing artwork Linda - those crackles are brilliant as is everything else you added

Kathy Bradley said...

Gorgeous canvas and enjoyed you sharing the whole process - again, wow - beautiful!

Fragmentos ao Sol said...

Really beautiful, Linda!

Lisa H said...

this is wonderful Linda!

2amscrapper said...

A real work of art, Linda. I'm beginning to think heavy gesso is to artists what duct tape is to the rest of the world. It fixes everything! The base is a marvel onto itself, but your detailed adornments make this an amazing treasure! Helene

Unknown said...

Fantastic Linda, I always look forward to your marvelous work❤️

Ann said...

So much goodness in one spot.

Annie said...

This is a fabulous project Linda, great textures and amazing details

Tfs Annie x

Linda M. Cain said...

That is a brilliant deduction Helene about the gesso!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...