Friday 5 December 2014

Sisterly Love

Hello, everyone!
It's so perfect to end the week with a new gorgeous artwork from my Creative Team!
Today, Elena is sharing a very personal piece and we hope you feel inspired.
Don't you think that such an adorable canvas would make a beautiful X-mas gift for somebody special?


Hello, dear friends!
Today I'd like to show you a canvas with an old photo of me and my younger sister when we were little.


I've already mentioned here that my family has a huge number of old photos and I just love working with them now when I'm an adult.
My relatives are so delighted to see the canvases and albums that I create, all these works seem to be impregnated with tenderness, love, warmth and friendship.


To create this canvas I had to make sure that all the sprays and paints I was going to use, adhere well to the surface. That's why I started with a layer of Clear Heavy Gesso.
I used my favorite stamps:  'Book' and 'Stamps and Adverts'. I simply adore them and I can't imagine my works without them!
I added some Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays, sprinkled them with water and let them run to create interesting looking color stains.
On the edges of my canvas I applied some Black Heavy Gesso, then I arranged my composition of different papers, tags, chipboards, paper and metal flowers, ribbons and the photo of course.


I applied some White Gesso on my composition and then mixed it with Bolivian Blue Silk and a little bit of water to make the color more delicate. I painted some elements and added the shading. After drying, I added one more Silk paint - Iridescent Copper.
My favorite part was decorating the flowers and metal embelishments with Art Ingredients Glitter from 'Abloom' set and some Pearl Glass Glitter mixed with 3D Gloss Gel.
My final touch was splashing some watered down gesso.

I really enjoyed the whole process and you can see it in my short video:



I hope you find my work inspiring!
Yours, Lena

Materials used:


2 comments:

Al said...

All of your videos are simply beautiful, you are amazing!

famillemarleau said...

Your canvas is very beautiful. I really enjoyed your process video. Thanks for sharing, Johanne Lacombe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...