Sunday 28 December 2014

Industrial Ophelia - mixed-media collage

Here I am - Industrial Ophelia. Still floating...


Collage on canvas - 20x60 cm (8x24'').

I can say this collage sums up the way I just love to create: putting together things which may look random, but in the final stage they all work together to express my ideas and emotions. Projects like this one are always important to me - they come from the deeper  levels of the soul, if you know what I want to say... and it is a perfect "second chance for "useless", unwanted elements too!





Collage was made using art mediums from my Prima Art Basics Line: 3D Gloss Gel for gluing, Heavy Gesso in Black and White for priming and color, Clear Gesso for altering the photo. Colors are mixture of Lindy's Stamp Gang Sprays and Primary Elements Pigments mixed with water in a great company of Silks (Iridescent, Blue, Gold and Green).



If you take a closer look you may find a bunch of interesting findings on this canvas - mixed with some intriguing Prima embellishments. I couldn't resist and I used a combination of the most inspiring elements: computer parts, lace and embroidery pieces, paper flowers, resin and metal shapes (including a sink and mushrooms!) as well as some shells I bought in San Diego and a handful of bits I got from my lovely students in France, UK and Italy. Thank you so much for help! :)

I hope I was able to convince you you can create using absolutely anything you want - as long as you are able to stick it and paint it the sky is the limit!
Keep creating - no mater what happens, remember to "make good art" (as Neil Gaiman said).
(This also applies to me, of course!)
Sending warm hugs

30 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

This looks amazing!

kay(texfolkart) said...

Beautiful

Linda M. Cain said...

Simply stunning. Definitely one of my favorites! 🎨🎨🎨🎨🎨

Heather said...

oh my......love this!!!!!!!! just amazing.

Ewelina said...

Hamlet spadl by conajmniej z krzesla. Arcydzielo. Przez wielkie A. Gratuluje

Unknown said...

Amazing for sure, I agree with Linda, definitely a favorite!!!

Ewelina said...

Szekspiroskim piorem pisane😉

Neet said...

Fabulous. A new favourite.

Carol McCready said...

Great work. I love how you
incorporated those shells.

Елена Смоктунова said...

stunning!Love love love!

corinne de france MARCH said...

MAGNIFIQUE <3

Carol and co said...

I'm in love! It's beautiful! A pièce of art!!!!

famillemarleau said...

It's a very beautiful piece. I love it. Thanks for sharing, Johanne Lacombe

Helen said...

it's gorgeous, of course!! so much detail.

Unknown said...

absolutely stunning...!!!

Maremi's Small Art said...

Sensational ! The colours are outstanding !!! love it xx

CarrieStephenson said...

Stunning. Love the contrast of light and dark. Beautiful colours and texture.

steffi said...

Wow! Just love this canvas :o)

Terri said...

Your pieces are always inspirational. Love this!

Unknown said...

this work is so amazing! Like a seed of inspiration blasting through my computer screen! thank you!

kjjc said...

Unbluminbelievable. Stunning.

Sue said...

Seriously amazing piece of Art for sure.

Kathy G. said...

I'm always in awe of everything you create. It's amazing how you can take ordinary everyday things and turn them into beautiful pieces of art.

Miss Tanya Leigh Cummings said...

Where can one purchase a piece of your art? It's beautiful.

Katia said...

super beautiful and inspiring!!!

craftytrog said...

Beautiful!!! Makes me want to grab all those strange bits and pieces I've been hoarding for so long, and make something!
Happy new year!
Alison x

KOLOROWY ptak said...

zabójczo piękny! można się zachłysnąć z zachwytu patrząc na te wszystkie detale i grę światła! to czysta przyjemność!

Licho_Nie_Spi said...

All these litlle things made magical view...

Tina said...

We find it totaly great art :-)
So lovely material, colours, look.
Maria & Tina www.mariahoffbeck.blogspot.com

Sue Lelli said...

Breath-taking, as always!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...